I'm posting here to say hello to all of you and to tell you a little about myself. I currently live in the DFW metroplex and am about to move to Eden Prairie, MN in 3 weeks. I've been a member at the local hackerspace, Dallas Makerspace (DMS), since Janurary of this year. Honestly, DMS has become one of the loves of my life and I'm excited there is another hackerspace in MSP that I can belong to. The reason I'm moving up there is because my girlfriend will be doing her postdoc at the U of MN, so it was only natural to come along with her.
So, here's a little about myself and what I'm interested in:
- I'm a ham radio operator (Technician class); my callsign is KE5OSR
- I enjoy learning anything and everythying I can
- My interests include computers (hardware & software), electronics, radio, microcontrollers, chemistry, biology, security, etc.
- I love making stuff; wood, metal, electronic, food, alcohol, anything.....
- If you'd like to know more, check out my DMS profile at http://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/User:Smittex
I am self-employed, but will be looking for a new job up there. It's been to hot-and-cold with the work I currently do, so I think it's a good time for a change. If any of you have an opening for, or know of, an IT, programming, database, security, or engineering position, I'd be more than grateful if you'd pass that info along to me.
Anyway, I plan on becoming a member as soon as I get situated up there. I do have a few questions for you though:
- Do you have a laser cutter?
- Do you have a 3D printer like the RepRap? One of my friends at DMS just finished his; I think I can get him to print some parts for me to make a 3D printer for TCM.