Just talk?

Questions and answers not about the bulletin board
otto_pjm

Re: Just talk?

Postby otto_pjm » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:23 pm

smittex wrote:Hello everyone,
How can I find out about cool things happening? I don't want to pilfer through the forums to find out what's going on.

Concerned member,
Bryan

Weds night great time / terrible time to get anything done / only time I get in lately as I've got a house to get on the market.

Others spoke to most of what I'd say, I'd add that "View active topics" is the only way I look at the forums, if it's not happening now, it's not happening, also a lot of stuff that would be here or on the blog may be happening on Google+ I've heard a great deal from many members there in the last few weeks and less here. Might be what you are used to / hope to find on irc. We were coordinating, or trying to coordinate bidding on tools on auction via Google+ for a good chunk of the day today, and lots of power wheels updates and stuff are happening there. Are you on it, want an invite?

Feel free to PM me.

I would hate to think that anyone is giving anyone the cold shoulder. rampant distract-ability and shinning object / idea chasing most definitely. I can barely keep focus for more than a minute on Weds nights, I go to get a tool I need right now and end up in discussions, demonstrations, etc.

Pete

Return to “Other Q and A”