Allesmachine here...

Social get-togethers, business meetings, outings and scoutings
allesmachine

Allesmachine here...

Postby allesmachine » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:43 am

Hi my name is Jonathan Waldo,

I stopped by briefly yesterday at the open meeting and got some great impressions even though it was kind of a slow meeting. I've already spread the word to some friends that might be interested. Mostly mechanical/chemical/electrical engineering types. One of the guys has a good bit of experience with lasers, robots and as such might be interested in teaching some classes. I'll bring them down as soon as I'm back in town for the next night.

I was telling David Bryan that I'm kind of a blank slate when comes to a lot of the things that you guys do at the Hack Factory, but I know a little bit about many of them which is why I'm sort of inspired to be involved with this group in some way. I currently work in Information Security at Bremer Bank, but I'm also a DYI musician and audio engineering geek.

I'm going to do a bit of lurking/learning before I start running my mouth too much!

See guys around...

wammie
Site Admin

Re: Allesmachine here...

Postby wammie » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:59 pm

allesmachine wrote:Hi my name is Jonathan Waldo,

I stopped by briefly yesterday at the open meeting and got some great impressions even though it was kind of a slow meeting. I've already spread the word to some friends that might be interested. Mostly mechanical/chemical/electrical engineering types. One of the guys has a good bit of experience with lasers, robots and as such might be interested in teaching some classes. I'll bring them down as soon as I'm back in town for the next night.

I was telling David Bryan that I'm kind of a blank slate when comes to a lot of the things that you guys do at the Hack Factory, but I know a little bit about many of them which is why I'm sort of inspired to be involved with this group in some way. I currently work in Information Security at Bremer Bank, but I'm also a DYI musician and audio engineering geek.

I'm going to do a bit of lurking/learning before I start running my mouth too much!

See guys around...
Glad you stopped by! Welcome to TC Maker, Jonathan!!! We're happy to have your participation and geekness! :-)

As a DIY musician you'd be interested in our HMMM (Handmade Music Minneapolis) events, where we share and demonstrate DIY music activities. I have an interest in audio/sound technologies myself, but I'm not much of a musician. Search our blog for some information on the HMMM stuff.

With summer winding down, things are picking up at TC Maker and Hack Factory with new folks joining and fresh ideas ready for fall fun.

Feel free to grab some brochures and business cards (located at near the H. F. front entrance) to give to your friends.

Happy hacking, Jonathan!

Return to “Meetups”