Common Roots back room
metis (Development Coord)
wammie (Vice President)
Dues and Donations
- Proposed: 50% of early dues can go toward future clubhouse/workshop dues, $10/month max*
Dues money needs to defray 1-time fixed expenses, as well as recurring expenses (overhead)
Potentially, grant money could defray 1-time fixed expenses (this is a subject for another time)
We need the capability for automatic recurring payments of dues. This will be at the Member's discretion, but it should be encouraged.
T-shirts can be an incentive for dues-paying members.
We will begin collecting dues in July.
*on 6/14/2009, the Board drafted the following Dues Schedule:
- Dues shall be paid on the First of every month.
Dues shall be $10 per month.
Dues may be prepaid in any amount.
Upon a dues increase due to the acquisition of a physical space, up to 50% of all dues paid by each individual Member up to that point may be applied toward that Member's future dues, with no more that 50% of any single month's dues remitted by this credit.
- The Twin Cities Maker PayPal account is now linked to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Add a "Donate Now" button to the frontpage?
- We plan to file as a nonprofit corporation in the state of Minnesota.
We may need to tweak the Bylaws before filing, so our Articles of Incorporation are properly compliant.
We plan to temporarily suspend the 14-day clause for making changes to the Bylaws as the first order of business, at the June 24th business meeting, so we can get the Bylaws compliant in a timely manner.
- We will use Google Docs to create & publish the survey, using a form, rather than SurveyMonkey or other tools
We can base our questions on the recent Studio Bricolage member survey
We should get a link to the Twin Cities Maker member survey posted on Make:Blog
SOME POSSIBLE SURVEY ITEMS:
- How much can you pay, and how often?
What is you zip code?
Would you prefer automatic payments?
How far would you be willing to travel to get to the clubhouse? The workshop?
How would you travel? (mode of transportation)
How often would you visit the clubhouse? Workshop? At what times of the day/week?
What is your approximate income?
Have you attended TCM meetings? Events?
How did you find out about Twin Cities Maker?
"Other" textbox for notes
Maker Faire Twin Cities
- metis will take lead on this project, as Development Coordinator
What venue? -- City park? Residential street, with closure permit? Brookdale parking lot?
1 whole day? More? Less?
Coincide with Art-a-Whirl?
- MakeTV (specifically Nick Watts?)
Chicago Ave Fire Arts (CAFAC)
Hard Times Cafe (the tall bikes folks hang out there)
U of M extension program
Ice Shanties coordinators
LOCATION OF NEXT BUSINESS MEETING (July 24th)
- Common Roots back room will not be available
Post location ASAP here on forum
- Lunds in Uptown, upstairs room?
Grumpy's bar? (would this be an over-21-only option?)