Meeting Minutes (taken by Pyrodogg, edited by Theo)Park buildings available in St. Paul?
- Leonardo’s Basement looking into opportunities with St. Paul city gov
- Rent free! But would pay utilities and probably building upkeep
- This information is VERY preliminary, so NO promises... but cross your fingers
- Changes in the past weeks on elections. Posted in advance.
- Most members familiar with them
- Article 6 Section 5 Discussion
- - No changes (prior to meeting) related to “Significant personal gain”
- - Rationale: running a business exclusively from the shop is frowned upon.
- - Counter Point: Implying vague limitations
- - Point: We don’t have a shop yet. Don’t insert shop stuff in any documents yet
- - This may belong somewhere else in something like the code of conduct which members must sign before gaining access to a future shop (and should be posted clearly on shop walls)
- - Resolution: “Significant personal gain” statement stricken from the bylaws. (May reappear in another document such as Code of Conduct.) Article 6 Section 5 stricken from the bylaws
- Article 6 Section 2 Discussion
- - Speech on “shop supervisors and instructors”
- - Paying staff/contractors/etc. with “in-kind” memberships first, then cash over & above as appropriate
- - Resolution: Strike “shop” from the section only.
- Question on responsibilities of generating financial information
- - Who makes the budget?
- Article 3 Section 1
- - Does the membership have the power to approve the budget
- - Resolved: Add (E) Governing board shall submit an annual budget to the membership four weeks prior to the general membership meeting of each fiscal year
- Article 5
- - Adjust fiscal year to give new board time to prepare budget after election.
- - Rules already exist for general membership to overrule board in the event of severe disagreements
- - Resolved: Fiscal year shall begin on October 1st.
- Bylaws approved unanimously as presented with these changesBeer Break!Election Questions
- Talk about postponing elections due to low number of nominations
- People who have accepted nominations have shown the most interest in the positions
- We’re going along with it
Award to Paul Sobczak
the first permanent honorary membership to TC Maker
, for getting this great ball rolling?
- Passed unanimouslyElections
- Only one person accepted nomination per Governing Board position
- Motion to suspend the bylaws and accept the slate of nominations as given
- - Seconded
- - Discussion
- - Resolution: Nearly unanimous acceptance of the motionThe first Governing Board of Twin Cities Maker:
- President: Mike Hord (uptownmaker
- Vice President: Wayne O Martinson (wammie
- Treasurer: Brandon Paplow (orion
- Secretary: Theo Durbin (theo
- Development Coordinator: Michael Freiert (metis
)Dues & Members Discussion
- Nothing is tax deductible until the IRS gives us the paper
- Group membership isn’t necessarily dependent upon the existence of the workshop
- The board needs to develop the Dues Schedule to define layers of membership and related dues
- Motion to postpone collection of $20/month "interim" Membership dues until next month
- - With the understanding that members will receive $10 off "general" Membership dues (tentatively $50/month) for every month paid, applicable when our workshop actually opens.
- - passed (but start saving up, folks!)Motion to close business
- PassedMemorable Quotes
“It is not possible to legislate good judgment and common sense” – Theo