Site Logo

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Thoughts on the First official meeting
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:40 pm 

This is my first post, although I have been lurking since the day the notice went out on the Make blog. I enjoyed meeting all of you. I thought I would toss out a few thoughts. I think just about everyone would love to have a space with resources. Unfortunately I think that will be a while coming. I got the impression there were serveral progammers in attendance. Maybe a something like a Craigslist for skills and resources the members have to share or would like to aquire might be a place to start generating a feeling of community. A few people doing a little programming could probably pull some thing together. I would suggest not trying to grow too fast. Establishing a culture and way of dealing with each other will be easier in a small group and probably better. I think activities of the kind you have already in the works, word of mouth, and the webpage will probably bring enough members to start having some really good get toghers. If things gel it will last and grow. The Netware users group ran a long time. The board of directors grew out of the conversations in the parking lot after the meeting. Very much a consensus origin. I see many similarities here. As far as a mission statement I think something short and to the point would be best. Something like, Twin City Makers, A group coming together to have fun, make new friends while learning and making things. I really liked the dragon fly. Where can I get one? Sorry this is so wordy. I look forward to some very interesting things coming from this group. Till next time goodnight.

Leo

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on the First official meeting
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:05 am 

Hi Leo,

Nice to meet you. The dragonfly is a WowWee FlyTech Dragonfly: http://tinyurl.com/asz8b7

I agree we shouldn't rush into anything. I'd love to do a 1-2 events a month where everyone brings a project to show off...

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on the First official meeting
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:32 am 
Site Admin

Nice to see you stop by and say hello, thanks for the insight.