Site Logo

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: woodworking 101 June Class
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:58 pm 

Woodworking 101 Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 7:00 PM -9:00 PM and Friday, June 17, 2011 at 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM

This class is for the beginner with no or limited woodworking experience. It will cover shop safety, woodworking hand and power tool safety and knowledge, basics of joinery, etc.
The first night will consist of general shop intro and basic training on all the tools and safety. The second night will continue with tool instruction and work on small project. The two night class will be $25.

We will cover some basic tools
Table Saw
Radial Arm Saw
Compound miter saw
Band Saw
Jig Saw
Drill Press
Jointer

After going over the tools and getting everyone a chance to use them, we will talk about building & assembling projects, what glues to use, clamping, and finishing. We can use the remaining time answer any questions you may have, and to work on an in-class project of your choosing. Keep it simple is the best advice I can give you here. I'll have some example ideas with me the first night of class.

Class will begin at 7:00 pm and will go until 9:00 pm.

Any questions please contact John at [email protected] or our events coordinator at [email protected]

http://woodworking101-autohome.eventbrite.com/

Post subject: Re: woodworking 101 June Class
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:51 pm 

I had really really been wanting to do this but for some reason thought that this was last week and that I had missed this. I actually have pretty extensive wood working experience but had been away from it for a while and since I have started up again have been forgetting some basic but very important stuff...I remember how to make the cuts I want but I am forgetting things like when do I use a push stick, or how high I want the blade above the material (which usually ends up with me just not doing the cut I want because I can't find someone to help me)....Is this the class for me??? I feel pretty good on the Bandsaws, and the Routers still. My thinking was that even if we go over stuff I am comfortable with it's still been a while and a refresher couldn't hurt and there are some things I def need a refresher on...

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:51 pm 

This would be a great place for you. A good overview and some time to make sure you have it all done before going out on your own!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:33 am 
Site Admin

I just signed up!!! Anyone else? I think there are 12 tickets left!

Post subject: woodworking 101 June Class
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:46 am 

Just signed up.