Tool Inventory Help

What things would you use at the maker shop?
metis

Tool Inventory Help

Postby metis » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:52 pm

So, a lot of various tools have showed up in the factory, which is great.

We don't know who they all belong to, or what their status is though.

There is now a tool inventory posted on the bathroom hall door. It lists most tools in the space, sorted by manufacturer. If you've brought a tool into the space and plan on either donating or loaning it to the shop, please fill out your name, if it's a loan or donated, and contact info so we can confirm that.

If the tool you've brought in is not listed, please add it along the bottom, filling in all fields as appropriate.

Once we've a better idea of what's in the shop, we can list that, and then look at what we need/want to add.

Thanks!

Booka
Global Moderator

Re: Tool Inventory Help

Postby Booka » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:11 pm

I thought somebody was going to put this in a database? (maybe it is, and I just have not seen the list to see that it is printed)

I could enter the data, but would need somebody to set up a simple add screen for this. Or I could try to add each entry using SQL commands, but that is no fun.

metis

Postby metis » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:55 am

google spreadsheet at the moment, needing to add in the shop mgmt folks, but yes the goal is a DB of some sort. brandon showed me something yesterday that might work.

at the moment all tools are listed with model # and serial, but we need to know who they belong to :/

Booka
Global Moderator

Postby Booka » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:25 pm

And we should look at a tag or labeling system too. But Inventory first.

Return to “Uses/Equipment”