Donating Equipment

What things would you use at the maker shop?
idris_arslanian

Re: Donating Equipment

Postby idris_arslanian » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:38 am

Donated: One Craftsman 10in Radial Arm Saw w/ table and various blades.

Judeling

Postby Judeling » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:22 pm

idris_arslanian wrote:Donated: One Craftsman 10in Radial Arm Saw w/ table and various blades.

And a great donation it is.

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Hey, there is a pair of Harmon Kardon PC speakers in the classroom and a pair of Koss PC speakers near the kiosk PC. Does anyone know if these items are general donations, or is someone targeting these for specific use? If they have been donated freely, I'd like to use one pair for the office PC.

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:00 pm

wammie wrote:Hey, there is a pair of Harmon Kardon PC speakers in the classroom and a pair of Koss PC speakers near the kiosk PC. Does anyone know if these items are general donations, or is someone targeting these for specific use? If they have been donated freely, I'd like to use one pair for the office PC.
I was able to test the Koss speakers for use on the kiosk PC; I found an appropriate power adapter and plugged the pair into the headphone jack on the front. It turned out that these speakers had very little punch and the volume/sound from the internal kiosk speakers was better.

Praxum

Postby Praxum » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:23 pm

The little beige speakers were also from my misc computer stuff <Harmon pardon brand>

cykyc

Postby cykyc » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:20 am

With the help of videoman, I dropped off a couple red tupperware containers of cables, connectors, and miscellaneous stuff. Please rummage through and take what you think you want. I'll probably stop by in a couple weeks to grab the containers again and trash what's not taken, unless others think it's OK to leave there.

jtbarclay

Postby jtbarclay » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:42 pm

cykyc wrote:With the help of videoman, I dropped off a couple red tupperware containers of cables, connectors, and miscellaneous stuff. Please rummage through and take what you think you want. I'll probably stop by in a couple weeks to grab the containers again and trash what's not taken, unless others think it's OK to leave there.

Thanks! I grabbed some stuff. Wrapped up some walwarts and stuck them in our walwart box, and put the meter-probes and alligator clip wires on the electronics desk.

Return to “Uses/Equipment”