Site Logo

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: TC MAKER IS ACCEPTING DUES AND DONATIONS
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

EDIT: EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2011, and indefinitely into the future:

Dues shall be $55/month for regular membership, $30/month for unemployed or student membership, and $75/month for Rock Star (voluntary, no special privilege) membership.

The current dues schedule is published HERE.

Membership options and payment information is stated at THIS BLOG POST.

============= ORIGINAL POST BELOW =============
Fellow Makers and Supporters,

As of July 1, 2009, Twin Cities Maker is accepting dues and donation payments via PayPal, cash, or personal check.

At the member meeting on June 24, 2009 we approved a $10 minimum monthly dues starting on July 1, 2009, with subsequent payments due on the first of each month. Funds from dues will support startup capital for things such as legal incorporation, publicity, and a security deposit for a space.

The current dues schedule is published HERE as follows:

Quote:
Twin Cities Maker Dues Schedule
(as last approved by members)
Dues shall be paid on the First of every month.
Dues shall be $10 per month.
Dues may be prepaid in any amount.

Upon a dues increase due to the acquisition of a physical space, up to 50% of all dues paid by each individual Member up to that point may be applied toward that Member's future dues, with no more that 50% of any single month's dues remitted by this credit.

Effective for January, 2010 and indefinitely into the future: Dues shall be $50 per month.

We hope that $10 per month is very affordable. We do, however, need to see how many people will commit to paying monthly dues in order to budget for necessary expenses.

Also: Until TC Maker obtains its own space, up to half of your paid dues can be credited toward future dues (prepaid dues). After that time your dues credit can be redeemed, up to 50% of the dues for each month. Prepaid dues will be considered generally non-refundable.

You may also of course designate a portion or all of a payment as a donation.

Please join us as a dues paying member and enjoy the full benefits of TC Maker participation! As a dues paying member, you are entitled to member-exclusive events, discounts on event fees, use of our space and other goodies. We're presently considering fun events such as a swap fest, clothesline vehicle race, and a potluck!

When making a contribution to TC Maker, either by cash, check or electronic transfer, please specify if all or part of your payment, and how much, is to be applied toward dues or donation (PayPal has a field for special directions).

Thank you and welcome to TC Maker!!!

Questions, concerns, or comments about this communication may be brought to any general business meeting or conveyed as a reply to this announcement.

[EDIT: Former PayPal subscription buttons removed.]
Use PayPal for a one-time dues payment:
[button removed]

Or, subscribe using PayPal for automatic dues payments:
[button removed]

Last edited by wammie on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 10 times in total.
12/30/2011 Edited for changes to dues schedule.

Post subject: Re: TC MAKER IS ACCEPTING DUES AND DONATIONS
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:48 am 
Site Admin

Remember everyone, today we collect dues payments for August. Please pay your $10 either by PayPal, cash, or check. Members of the Board of Governors will be on hand at the potluck to collect dues payments.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:54 am 

We are now accepting dues for August. If you are not sure if you're paid up or not, send any member of the executive board (me, orion, metis or wammie) a PM and we'll check the status for you. Most dues-payers are paid up through at least the end of this month (paying in advance has been very popular).

Your monthly update: we have had 26 members pay dues; 17 are paid current and 6 were paid current through the end of August. Given the names of those six, I expect most if not all of them to continue as paid members- they may not have had a chance to pay yet for this month (most pay cash at meetings).

I "audited" our books today, and the bank and PayPal agree with our ledger, so no money has disappeared.

I have also purchased a receipt book so we can start issuing receipts to people who pay dues. If you want a back receipt for past dues payments and donations, please let me know and I will get you one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:04 am 
Site Admin

uptownmaker wrote:
We are now accepting dues for August. If you are not sure if you're paid up or not, send any member of the executive board (me, orion, metis or wammie) a PM and we'll check the status for you. Most dues-payers are paid up through at least the end of this month (paying in advance has been very popular).

Your monthly update: we have had 26 members pay dues; 17 are paid current and 6 were paid current through the end of August. Given the names of those six, I expect most if not all of them to continue as paid members- they may not have had a chance to pay yet for this month (most pay cash at meetings).

I "audited" our books today, and the bank and PayPal agree with our ledger, so no money has disappeared.

I have also purchased a receipt book so we can start issuing receipts to people who pay dues. If you want a back receipt for past dues payments and donations, please let me know and I will get you one.
Excellent work, Mike, thanks!!!