Wiki Pages Updated

Questions, issues, and answers about our website
wammie
Site Admin

Wiki Pages Updated

Postby wammie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:32 pm

I've done some updating on our wiki pages. If anyone has questions, concerns, comments, or further change needs, please send me an IM via this bulletin board.

BTW, do any of our members have any idea what's up with our wiki pages like this? Where did they come from?:
http://www.tcmaker.org/wiki/index.php?t ... Louis_Park

Thanks!

pyrodogg
Site Admin

Re: Wiki Pages Updated

Postby pyrodogg » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:50 pm

The (now gobbledegook) pages were a very early attempt of mine to create informative pages (with maps!) of local maker friendly businesses and resources. It relied on a few wikimedia extensions which seem to have been crippled/removed some time ago.

Depending on what it would take to get the extensions themselves working and the interest level from others, i'd be willing to invest some time cleaning it up.

If featured someplace I think a resource of places in the Cities to find things would be useful to people who are new to the scene or hunt for things infrequently

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:57 pm

Pyrodogg wrote:The (now gobbledegook) pages were a very early attempt of mine to create informative pages (with maps!) of local maker friendly businesses and resources. It relied on a few wikimedia extensions which seem to have been crippled/removed some time ago.

Depending on what it would take to get the extensions themselves working and the interest level from others, i'd be willing to invest some time cleaning it up.

If featured someplace I think a resource of places in the Cities to find things would be useful to people who are new to the scene or hunt for things infrequently
Wow, quick response there, Skyler! If you think these informative pages would attract more traffic to our wiki and other Internet channels then I'd say go for it! I appreciate that you're keeping as involved as you can!

pyrodogg
Site Admin

Postby pyrodogg » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:00 am

I'm a late night internet lurker :)

I'll see what I can come up with this weekend. I might have some downtime.

Return to “Website Q and A”