March 3rd, 2014 by danbackslide
Twin Cities Maker has three CNC machines at the Hack Factory. For those who don’t know, a CNC machine is a computer-controlled router which you can use to carve out all sorts of 2D and 3D items. They take a bit of training to be able to use, so Matt is running a class this Sunday!
The course covers the fundamentals of using the large CNC Router:
- Materials you can and can’t use.
- Powering up and shutting down.
- Basic use of the Vectric’s Cut2D software which makes cut paths.
- Basic use of Mach3 software which controls the router.
- Basic uses and advantages of router bits.
To sign up for the class, head over to the registration page at Eventbrite.