October 3rd, 2013 by danbackslide
Always wanted to learn to sew but don’t know where to start? Have you been sewing on your own but feel you need some guidance? In this class you’ll learn the basics for sewing of all kinds of objects; useful hand sewing stitches, how to operate a machine sewing, and construction techniques, etc. In class you will make a simple tote bag. It will act as a sampler, providing a set of basic construction techniques that should leave you ready to tackle your next project!
- Owning a sewing machine will be helpful, but not necessary. If you have one, leave it at home for the first class. Do bring it for the second class.
- Be ready to purchase some basic sewing supplies and fabric, if you don’t already own them. See materials list.
- This is not an industrial sewing machine class.
- Skill level: Beginner
- When: This is a four class series that will be held on Sundays from 6pm to 8pm, November 3 – 24.
- Instructor: Lindsey Strange