December 15th, 2011 by wammie
The Hack Factory and Twin Cities Maker are announcing an updated dues schedule.
The great news is that we’ve experienced a blossoming of membership numbers over the past two years, and we want to keep the space going strong!
Over the last two years, the organization has been absorbing the cost of sales tax for all membership dues. What we need to do is recover that cost so we can more accurately budget our finances and our member needs.
Going forward, we are going to increase the dues by $5 per month.
Effective January 1st, 2012:
- Regular membership dues will be $55/month
- Student memberships dues will be $30/month
For the month of January, 2012 we are going to have a membership special, giving a chance for folks to save on dues:
- One year membership for $550 – this includes two free classes. This is a savings of $110 to $250.
- Six month membership for $275 – This is savings of $55.
TC Maker is offering these deals so we can help to increase our membership and have a stronger cash flow. We need your help in spreading the word about TC Maker, and recruit new members.
- All memberships are deemed non-refundable, and are kept by the organization.
- For the classes, if the materials fees exceed $25, we may ask that you pay the difference that would apply to materials fees.
TC Maker will also be offering Rock Star memberships of $75/month. What does this give you? A warm place in our heart, and a listing on our Rock Star page.
Want to do a prepaid membership? Send an email to treasurer[-at]tcmaker.org.
If you have questions or comments about these changes, please send an email to info[-at-]tcmaker.org.
Thank you for your continued support and membership in TC Maker. Have a wonderful, productive, and Makerly New Year!
The Hack Factory & Twin Cites Maker